SQL Server DBA/Developer
- Job type Contract
- Region Canterbury
- Posted on 11 October 2021
- Ref # 32248271
SQL Server Database Administrator/Developer
Your new company in a nutshell:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well known and respected government agency, enabling data-led innovation and dedicated to the supplying key information that is used to help and support decisions that are made everyday by or Government, Councils, and Iwi organisations right through to NGO’s and NZ Businesses. With modern offices right in the heart of the Christchurch CDB.
What will you do?
- Strong background as a SQL Server DBA
- Knowledge of tools and packages to visualize data (I.e. Tableau, Power BI)
- Advanced data modelling skills (Star schema, Snowflake schema, data vault)
- Ability to write SQL queries and assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- SQL Server DBA duties and responsibilities (SSRS a bonus)
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security
- Analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time
- Extensive proven experience as a SQL Server Database Administrator or Developer
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to hit the ground running and quickly deliver high quality solutions
- Provide suggestions for solutions
- Excellent analytical problem solving abilities and a keen eye for process improvements
What’s in it for you?
- Immediate start
- You will be part of an experienced, close-knit team
- Challenging, varied and interesting work
- Our client works hard and have fun doing it.
For further information please call Anita Patel on 03 943 5911 or apply by clicking on the ‘Apply for this job’ button.
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions. Others may not necessarily be responded to.