Software Engineering Director (SaaS)
- Job type Permanent
- Region Auckland
- Posted on 5 July 2020
- Ref # 32095004
An extremely successful SaaS organisation who have continued consistent growth throughout New Zealand. This organisation are extremely appreciative of their staff and welcome ideas that allow the company to constantly evolve by way of their technologies so that their end services and solutions to the nation are always A1. The company can boast that they have long tenure staff simply due to their model that “we are only as good as our people”.
What is available to you:
- A salary of $170 – 190,000
- Health Insurance
- Additional Holiday Leave
- Wellness Initiatives
- Much More …….
Who we’re looking for
You’re already a very hands-on approach and senior level Software Development Manager or SW Engineering Manager with plenty of experience in building and running multiple teams of Software Developers who deliver quality and end to end software solutions and services.
Having started your career as a Developer or Software Engineer, (ideally within a SaaS company) you’ve got a deep expertise in end-to-end software development and are able to guide the evolution of a mature technology platform. You identify engineering processes and practices that can be used to improve quality, velocity, and engagement.
You understand how to get stuff done in a large organisation and really do care about delivery – whether that’s connecting your teams with the right people, clearing roadblocks, or building technical cohesion across multiple groups.
You also have a history of coaching and mentoring the next generation of engineering leaders.
How you’ll work
You will be responsible for several development teams with a combines workforce of 20+ development staff who are tasked with building multiple, internal SaaS platforms. This will require you to operate both strategically and operationally.
Operationally you’ll be responsible for ensuring your teams are delivering quality software at an appropriate cadence. You will be working across the organisation to make sure everything is in place for your teams to be working on the right thing at the right time.
The Essential skills that we are seeing that will encourage success in your application are:
- Management – at least 8yrs formal people and team management of Software Engineers / Testers. This must include recruiting new team members and providing ongoing coaching and mentoring along with frequent stand-up meetings. Your experience in management will also mean that you are fully aware of project budgets and delivery deadlines.
- Hands-on approach – although your role is no longer coding, the person we require will still show they are fully capable of software development with technologies that could include; Java or Ruby etc.
- Career Progression – started as a Software Developer à Technical Lead or Applications Architect à Development Manager
- People Management – directly managing x3-5 individuals (such as Tech Leads) with a wider team of 15+ individuals (such as Developers and Testers).
- Work Environment Management Functions – example: fully involved with the company’s strategy in respect to ensuring they are evolving their technologies and practices within SaaS thus ensuring the company is always at the pinnacle based upon their industry type.
** VISA / Availability – it is essential that you already hold a valid NZ Work Visa but equally already have existing NZ work experience. We also fully understand that you may also have a 1 month notice period )(which is all good)
If your credentials meet the above criteria, please forward us a copy of your CV via this job site.
CV’s which hold the correct capability will be contacted by either Regie Saylo or Carl Robinson