Snr MS Azure Data Engineer (Consultant)
- Job type Permanent
- Region Auckland
- Posted on 14 October 2021
- Ref # 32122810
MS Azure Data Suite, MS SSIS, SSRS, Snowflake, Oracle, Big Data, SQL Server
- A NZ organisation that have literally gone from strength to strength in 20yrs+. Very much a pioneer and leader in providing ETL / Data Warehousing solutions.
- This company offers a great deal of flexibility in their work along with Working from Home opportunities (when you are not face-to-face engaging with fantastic customers).
- One of the most respected Data Solutions providers across 70% of the modern world who have continued to grow even during the lockdowns.
- Employee tenure is unmatched through the career growth and technology evolution opportunities they offer staff.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Consultant, you will report into the GM of Data Analytics and have many responsibilities to include; mentoring of more junior BI & Data Consultants, be the Trusted Advisor between the employer and its customers and internal stakeholders while at the same time, being very much the go-to person for very high level Data Engineering and Azure based operations.
You will also have a great deal of autonomy in building internal relationships with key customers.
When normal working again comes into fruition (outside of lockdown), you can experience a hugely sociable team who really know how to celebrate successes and also as and when it’s time to close down for the day.
The skills that will encourage success in your application include:
- Data Engineering & Consulting – 10yrs minimum experience in EDW, BI Integrations and Solid Data Engineering capability with; MS SSIS (or other ETL tools), SSRS and SSAS.
- MS Azure – Azure Analytics aligned to – Azure Data Factory (ADF).
- Data Modelling – high level expertise in Star Schema and Design
- Beneficial other (several of the following could be very useful) – WhereScape RED. Azure Databricks, Data Factory (ADF), Oracle, Teradata, AWS, Big Data Platforms (Hadoop or Spark), Python
What is on offer?
– A base of up to $165,000
– Health Insurance
– Phone Plan
– Ongoing Up-skilling
– KiwiSaver on top of salary
– Social Events and Technology Conferences
**We are very keen to bring aboard the successful applicants who show the correct attitude and skills ability ASAP but also, we recognise that you will likely have a current notice period.
Restrictions to Applicants – outside of New Zealand.
Due to NZ Borders remaining closed and Visa processing being very much limited to only Essential Services, we will not be able to accept applications from individuals who do not already hold either; NZ Work Visa, Residency, Citizenship OR Australian Residents and Citizens (the latter would need to have already planned MIQ entry into NZ)