Senior System Engineer
- Job type Permanent
- Region Wellington
- Posted on 22 February 2021
- Ref # 32125275
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A Managed Services & Solutions operator with offices across NZ. This organisation provides ongoing IT Infrastructure Support to businesses from ‘start-ups’ to Enterprise although the bulk of their work sits within the 200 – 400 seat user environment.
Their support covers a broad diversity of industries and offers the successful applicant the opportunity to continually upskill in this eternally evolving world of the ‘Cloud’.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We essentially require a Systems Engineer of Level 3 and above capability (this is not a Service Desk nor Desktop Support requirement!) to work with multiple customers in all facets of projects and requirements. The role would include projects such as Deployments, Migrations, Upgrades, Implementations and ongoing Troubleshooting while at the same time occasionally working with the sales team to provide a ‘pre-sale’ technical solution to the customer prior to such a project.
This is a very technical requirement that will also require you to have experience in preparing; ‘Statements of Work’, Reports, Solutions Planning and partially having ownership over certain project budgets.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Systems Engineering – solid commercial experience. This MUST include hand-on experience at Level 3 and above. This should further include supporting sites of at least 300 individuals.
- Cloud Solutions – essentially experienced in MS Azure, Azure AD and O365.
- Servers – 2012 upward which must include experience in Server builds.
- Desktop – Win 7 / Win 10
- Security – support of Firewalls (Checkpoint or Fortinet).
- Networks – configuration of Routers.
- Active Directory – high level experience with Group Policies
- Application Support (important) – SharePoint & OneDrive
*** A clean NZ Driving Licence and own car is a necessity for this role.
***PLEASE BE AWARE – we cannot offer sponsorship for this role and as such, we do require applicants to 1. already be in NZ at the time of application and 2. to already hold a valid NZ Work Visa.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter or for further information please call Ekat on 04 931 6878.
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.