Senior .Net Developer
- Job type Permanent
- Region Wellington
- Posted on 15 September 2021
- Ref # 32237498
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Senior Software Developer role is to support the design, development and maintenance of new or enhanced business systems. The Senior Software Developer contributes to the design of applications and application features, helps develop technical practices and standards, supports and mentors other technical staff and provides advice on industry standards and emerging technologies. The Senior Software Developer works closely with support and operations staff to troubleshoot production issues and considers and builds operational features to assist their work.
- Develops application code according to development and practice standards so that high quality applications are provided for business use.
- Provides technical advice to planning activities so that work and stakeholder expectations can be managed effectively.
- Contributes to the technical and coding standards used by the team to ensure applications are reliable and maintainable.
- Performs code reviews for peers and vendors to ensure quality and consistency of code across the application suite.
- Contributes to the design of new and existing applications to ensure applications meet functionality, maintainability, scalability and operational objectives.
- Produces clear and concise technical documentation to ensure applications are well understood and are supportable by the team.
- Recommends technology patterns and practices according to industry research so that applications and processes can be improved.
- Resolves incidents for internally supported applications so system functionality can be restored.
- Investigates high priority incidents with vendor supported applications and collaborates with external support teams so that incidents are resolved in a timely manner.
- Shares knowledge in development practices and areas of specialisation so knowledge is disseminated and the wider team is effective in supporting the application suite.
- Proficient with Microsoft technologies including C#, .NET Core, Web API, WCF, SQL, and PowerShell.
- Knowledge of software patterns, architecture and security best practices.
- Knowledge of identity and access management, infrastructure, networks and operational concerns.
- Unit testing and integration testing.
- Proficient in building applications on the SharePoint platform
- DevOps techniques including Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Infrastructure as Code.
- Design and development of cloud based applications.
- Mobile development (Android and iOS).
- Power BI.
- Experience with agile and lean delivery.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter or for further information please call Ingrid on 0274464743.
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents: Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.