Senior IT Security Engineer
- Job type Permanent
- Region Auckland
- Posted on 16 September 2021
- Ref # 32232349
- Up to $155k base + Kiwisaver and lots of great benefits
- Complete job security even during the current climate. The organisation has continued to onboard throughout all 3 lockdowns.
- Many career development opportunities that have created long tenure from its employees through internal career growth and promotions.
- We thrive on work flexibility and believe that balance is key to productivity.
The environment has quite simply remained highly secure from both a financial and projects perspective and throughout all of the current world circumstances aligned to COVID. This is not just a stable and secure environment but actually a constantly growing team environment.
We are currently in need of multiple Senior Security Design and Security Design specialists.
The Company & Role
We’re looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual who’s a go-getter, who works in a collaborative way, who’s creative around problem solving, and is proactive around implementing solutions. You will also be cool under pressure while still dealing with daily tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
Outside of mentioning that you’re a team player, you actually enjoy working within a team and when the time comes you can work by yourself. A great sense of humour is a plus. Great communication skills is a necessity as you will be dealing with Enterprise and Government customers.
The company have a strong focus on their values, so you may not meet all their technical expectations, but you can make up for it with your can-do, will-do attitude.
- High level experience in Security / Cyber Security related Design – essential.
- Operational and high level administrative support of security infrastructure devices. Which include (but not limited to) Firewalls, Load Balancers, DNS, Web Proxies and application security.
- Work as part of a project team from time to time
- Solution design review
- Work as part of a squad for development work for continuous improvement around our technology and services
- When required, help with product development of our managed security services
- Lifecycle, capacity and vulnerability management of the security infrastructure
- Mentoring & documentation
- Change, problem and incident management of the internal security infrastructure for the broader organisation.
- Proactive in continuous improvements
- Ability to manage workload & operational responsibilities is essential.
- Ability to work well in a team, while offering leadership or mentoring to other team members.
- Available to work within the operational hours of 8am-6pm, Monday-Friday and as requested after hours.
- Provide, on a regular basis, after-hours (including public and other holidays) on-call internal security infrastructure and customer managed devices.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Network Security experience – 10 years + experience which will include Security Design.This must be very recent experience.
- Specialist – high level SIEM & SOC
- Security Products / Firewalls – Palo Alto along with a mixture of Fortigate, Check Point or Cisco Firewalls.
- Load Balancing (low level) – F5 Load balancers including implementation and troubleshooting of all or some of these technologies: F5 (LTM, DNS, APM & ASM). Netscaler experience advantageous.
- Network Protocols – analysers & monitoring tools including Wireshark (tcpdumps), Nagios cacti etc.
- webproxy solutions – ForcePoint, CWS/WSA, and McAfee web proxy products will be a plus.
- CERTIFICATION – CISSP or equivalent would be beneficial
- $160,000 Base + Kiwsaver for Senior Security Design and up to $135,000 for slightly lower level.
- Additional Beneits
This company aims to be the place where the smartest, most digitally savvy talent wants to work, in an inclusive, diverse workplace. We grow great teams, led by the best leaders at the top of their game, by enabling our people the freedom and scope to do their best work, and by offering opportunities to develop their talent
Benefits include career breaks, summer hours, extended annual leave purchasing, discounted health insurance, option to access great value holiday homes through Marram Trust, careers fairs, leadership development, training options and individual emphasis on corporate social responsibility and community involvement through the Company Foundation (including volunteer days). Additionally, we offer a monthly Company account credit (subject to credit criteria) across all our services, Insurance Cover (free life and income protection insurance), access to our employee share scheme, as well as a wide range of discounted partner products and services among New Zealand’s most well-known retailers.
Join us and play a pivotal role as you contribute to our growth in an environment where our customers are our focus and the pace of change is swift. Push yourself. Apply now vis this jobsite to Carl Robinson.