- Job type Permanent
- Region Auckland
- Posted on 13 January 2021
- Ref # 32135335
- Expert – Base24 EPS or Classic needed
- 1st Class education & personal development opportunities
- Base either Auckland or Wellington
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an opportunity for a Senior Engineer to come and join this company’s centre of excellent platform engineering team. You can base yourself in either Auckland or Wellington. This role will allow you to own the migration from the existing Base 24 Classic to Base 24 EPS.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the migration across all functions
- Building capabilities
- Handling backlogs
- Breaking down stories and defining requirements
- Carrying our automation wherever possible
- Observability – releasing and deploying new features
- Working in an agile environment, utilising Scrum or Kanban
- A track record of successfully developing new features using “Base24 EPS or Classic”
- Extensive experience of JAVA, C++ and Http programming
- Ability to understand business needs, system limitations and able to provide solutions to design bottlenecks
- Proven experience of translating business requirements into technical designs and interpret requirements
- Logical, analytical approach to problem solving
- An effective team player, who is willing to take ownership
- Flexible approach and ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills
You’ll need to be this kind of person…………
- Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast-paced, fun, and dynamic environment
- Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
ABOUT THE COMPANY & CULTURE
This is a company that boasts rich diversity and inclusion, with this comes a range of experience and ambitions – and they are committed to providing its people with opportunities to match. They are fully invested in their digital transformation – towards DevOps and Agile methodologies. They are continually finding ways to integrate DevOps thinking with existing ways of doing business, integrating legacy operations with cloud-first and open-source initiatives to create an innovative operational structure.
Working here, you’ll find a positive, enthusiastic workplace with plenty of challenges, inspiration and support.
REWARD – WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive annual – commensurate with experience
- Full flexible work from home policy – say good-bye to Monday to Friday in the office!
- Opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation – career development opportunities
- A wide range of rewards and recognition initiatives
- A range of financial health & well-being benefits, including 10% superannuation
If you have the essential skills, want to work for a company who continually invests in their people and technologies, then click APPLY and include your resume and cover letter or for further information, please call Diana Dolensky on 09 302 5317.
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.