Security Architect – Applications
- Job type Permanent
- Region Auckland
- Posted on 5 July 2020
- Ref # 32094640
Your new company in a nutshell:
A true market leader and values based organisation that puts their people first. This business is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, and offers a fantastic working environment in a popular part of the CBD.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Information Security Manager, this role will allow you to work across the entire business assuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability for the organisations data. These are exciting times within the organisation, as they adopt new and innovative digital technologies and this role will enable you to provide advice and work across several cutting edge projects including machine learning and other AI associated technologies. This is a company known to encourage and empower individuals to make decisions, build positive relationships, and deliver a meaningful difference to both their customers and colleagues, and you’d be responsible for leading architecture design of solutions across a broad portfolio of work that will address a wide array of complex challenges, helping shape the roadmap for the architecture. You’ll employ a range of methods and analytical techniques to elicit and validate detailed requirements with stakeholders to gain their approval and to distinguish between different types of requirements (e.g. functional, non-functional) and work collaboratively with various colleagues at different levels. You’ll be presenting ideas to and share findings with senior management with the ability to break up complex information and present it in a logical way. You’ll also define effective acceptance tests for solutions, understand business needs and translate them into project objectives and business goals and apply and monitor the use of appropriate analysis of processes, methods and tools.
Your background skills and experience:
- At least 10 years experience within IT, along with 2 to 3 years of architecting solutions experience
- Security experience, you’ll be hands-on applications focused and be able to demonstrate a first-class knowlwdge of either AWS of Azure
- Experience with Agile methodologies and implementations
- Experience with compliance to PCI DSS, ISO27001, or other formal standards
- Understanding of Risk frameworks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, works effectively as a team player
What it’s like to work here
This business really looks after their staff, and their low staff turnover is testament to this. You can also expect excellent benefits, a flexible working environment, personal development and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity. Be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
What’s in it for you?
- Solid base salary
- Work in a great CDB location, close to all transport links
- Free health insurance and discounts of other insurances
- Wellness programme, free fruit and other perks
- Flexible working hours
- The scale and breadth to provide you with a diverse range of training and development opportunities, helping you achieve a rewarding and fulfilling career
Apply direct by clicking below.
NOTE for overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.