Product Owner/Service Delivery Manager – Unified Communications
- Job type Permanent
- Region Wellington
- Posted on 3 August 2020
- Ref # 32101302
Join a newly established team, working in a unique and complex environment using modern scaled agile ways of working to deliver technology to support NZDF.
These positions sit in the End User Compute area which delivers key end user assets (physical and digital) and products for consumption by NZDF and key partners.
As a Product Owner, you will act as the voice of the customer. You will demonstrate strong stakeholder engagement as well as a strong understanding of your domain – setting and providing direction and leadership to the product team. You will also work with your fellow Product Owners and Product Managers across domains to ensure product development is aligned to NZDF strategy and vision to ensure that mutually beneficial goals are achieved. You will manage the Feature Backlog and associated functions that support planning and prioritisation.
The key component of this role is to facilitate and manage the delivery of outcomes with our Support Partners, all the while ensuring that NZDF meets our commitments and delivers the components required to deliver successful services.
- Client management, vendor management or senior service delivery management skills
- Strong communication skills – ability to work with third parties to deliver a positive outcome for all
- Ability to help build strong virtual teams, both in house and externally
- Experience with Agile and Dev/Ops methodologies
- ITIL experience
- Experience in Unified Communications is nice to have, but not essential.
Experience in, or knowledge of:
- Presentation skills
- Identifying opportunities for business process improvement
- Capacity management
- IT change management
- Commercial management
- Strong team leadership and development skills
- Understanding of the portfolio and programme business planning processes and how this relates to roadmap development and delivery
We recommend you visit absoluteit.co.nz/nzdf to find out more about what it’s like to work for CIS Branch, and about working for NZDF. Here, you will also be able to view all roles that are currently open to applications across the different areas of CIS Branch. Roles will be progressively added to this website as they open to applications.
For further information please contact Amanda Halka at AbsoluteIT on (04) 931 6875.
Role closes Friday 14th August at 5pm.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for.
The majority of roles in the CIS branch within NZDF require a high level security clearance at either Secret or Top Secret Level. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for the high level security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
• most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last ten years, OR
• is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last ten years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
Please note we also have a small number of roles requiring Top Secret Special clearance. These roles require fifteen years continuous residence in the above countries.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application. Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process: http://www.protectivesecurity.govt.nz/eligibility-tool