Platform Engineer – Kubernetes
- Job type Permanent
- Region Auckland
- Posted on 16 October 2020
- Ref # 32111585
- High profile, household name within the banking sector
- Auckland CBD + Flexible work from home
- Hard work & commitment is recognised & financially rewarded
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Platform Engineer, you’ll make sure their platforms are robust, value for money and continuously optimised. You’ll strive to make sure the technology stack is continually enhanced by adding new features and ensuring defects are resolved promptly. You’ll also contribute to the code base, ensuring it is clean, elegant, reusable, easy to maintain and extend.
- Make sure platforms and operational issues, defects, maintenance activities are prioritised and provide solutions
- Own, develop and improve platform engineering tools, processes, and ways of working
- Pioneer new ideas to improve platform delivery lifecycles from design, code, automation to operational support
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
We’re looking for someone with an in-depth knowledge of continuous integration and delivery tooling’s such as Jenkins and/or Azure DevOps and Terraform, along with excellent working knowledge of cloud-native, microservices including containerisation and API design and development.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Expertise and experience in building and running Cloud Native infrastructure including Kubernetes & Docker for orchestration and containerisation
- Working knowledge of the systems such as ELK stack, Splunk, Pager Duty
- Cloud equivalents such as AWS Cloudwatch and Azure Monitor
- The ability to implement Infrastructure as Code (IaC) including knowledge of appropriate technologies for configuration management (e.g., ARM Templates, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
ABOUT THE COMPANY & CULTURE
This is a company that boasts rich diversity and inclusion, with this comes a range of experience and ambitions – and they are committed to providing its people with opportunities to match. Having gone through a successful full-scale Agile transformation, they’re still on the journey.
Working here, you’ll find a positive, enthusiastic workplace with plenty of challenges, inspiration and support.
REWARD – WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive annual – commensurate with experience
- Full flexible work from home policy – say good-bye to Monday to Friday in the office!
- Opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation – career development opportunities
- A wide range of rewards and recognition initiatives
- A range of financial health & well-being benefits
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter or for further information, please call Regie Saylo on 09 302 5312.
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.