- Job type Permanent
- Region Wellington
- Posted on 23 February 2021
- Ref # 32159512
•12 month fixed term contract
•Oracle | SQL | DB2
•Porirua location, parking on site
I have partnered up with a large central government department tasked with reducing crime and community safety. As the DBA you will be tasked with a combination of project based work and BAU activities.
- Support the core operations team in the Oracle and DB2 server environment space
- Manage and identify risks to core infrastructure and implement mitigation strategies
- Liaise with related ICT teams and stakeholders within the organisation
- Support the Operations Manager on continuous improvement initiatives across Technology Operations and ICT
- Engage with other technology teams to provide support for Technology Operations
- Supporting the Middleware, Application teams and Core Systems teams as required
About You and Background:
- 5+ years’ experience in supporting/troubleshooting Oracle and DB2 Database systems in an enterprise environment
- Strong Service Delivery skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to challenges
- Risk management experience and ability to identify risks to core infrastructure
- Strong communication skills and willingness to contribute
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter or for further information please call Dikesh Dayabhai on 027 534 5374
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.