- Job type Permanent
- Region Wellington
- Posted on 15 September 2021
- Ref # 32237525
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Software Developer role is to develop, maintain and support business applications to enable organisational objectives and provide business continuity. The Software Developer uses research, design, implementation and issue resolution skills to deliver high quality services to customers.
- Develops application code according to development and practice standards so that high quality applications are provided for business use.
- Provides technical advice to planning activities so that work and stakeholder expectations can be managed effectively.
- Contributes to the design of new and existing applications to ensure applications meet functionality, maintainability, scalability and operational objectives.
- Produces clear and concise technical documentation to ensure applications are well understood and are supportable by the team.
- Resolves incidents for internally supported applications so system functionality can be restored.
- Investigates high priority incidents with vendor supported applications and collaborates with external support teams so that incidents are resolved in a timely manner.
- Shares knowledge in development practices and areas of specialisation so knowledge is disseminated and the wider team is effective in supporting the application suite.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, or a recognised technical certification.
- Proficient with Microsoft technologies including C#, .NET Core, Web API, WCF, SQL, and PowerShell.
- Knowledge of software patterns.
- Unit testing and integration testing.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excels in trouble shooting and root cause analysis of problems.
- Demonstrates an ability to understand users, stakeholders and business needs.
- Proficient in building applications on the SharePoint platform.
- DevOps techniques including Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Infrastructure as Code.
- Design and development of cloud based applications.
- Mobile development (Android and iOS).
- Experience with Agile and Lean practices.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter or for further information please call Ingrid on 027 446 4743.
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents: Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.