Lead Cloud Architect
- Job type Permanent
- Region Auckland
- Posted on 3 August 2020
- Ref # 32100952
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Cloud Architect will be hands on initially, playing a key role in delivering a new Greenfield Cloud platform; owning the design, development, architecture and long-term strategy working closely with C level stakeholders.
- Build, deliver, and maintain a modern cloud platform from the ground up
- Partners with key stakeholders as a platform champion for Cloud services
- Promote Cloud Security, adhering to required standards and processes.
- Drive continuous improvement of the product and capabilities
- Software development – mainly backend, along with some frontend, you’ll help decide the languages as they’re developed
- Work across multiple clouds – GCP / Firebase, AWS, Azure
- Infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform)
- CI / CD pipelines
- gRPC / API gateways
- Software development – mainly backend
- Authentication / security
- Experience with SQL and noSQL
- Lead agile delivery practices (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate with client stakeholders from various parts of the organisation up to CEO, and the ability to drive successful cross-functional outcomes
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Able to dive into problems and produce solutions, work with ambiguity and a continually shifting landscape
- Able to work in an ambiguous environment, you feel at ease asking questions, then be able to run with it
Any experience in the following would be highly beneficial
- Experience gained in a start-up environment, where you’ve pivoted from strategy to hands-on
- Frontend software development experience
ABOUT THE COMPANY
An iconic Kiwi company, they boast a world-class team of engineers, designers and technicians working on sophisticated technology solutions.
This is a company which is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. Their intention is to embrace the new world of technology, along with improving the lives of its worldwide customers. They believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. They focus on education, giving, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
- An attractive salary – commensurate with experience
- Private health insurance
- Flexible work from home
- Standard NZ benefits
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter or for further information, please call Ednadine Ferreira on 09 302 4810.
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.