DevOps Engineer/Service Developer
- Job type Permanent
- Region Auckland
- Posted on 24 November 2021
- Ref # 32266884
BACKGROUND & CONTEXT
Our clients’ software turns everyday mobile devices like smartphones and tablets into secure payment terminals.
As the first software-based payments solution developer in the world to have achieved a full suite of PCI certified solutions, our offering is the most secure in the world. This leading technology enables a consistent ‘card present’ payment experience across all channels, both in-store and digital.
Our clients’ payments solutions are device and gateway agnostic and built upon our globally patented, cloud-based authentication platform. By enabling merchants of all sizes globally to securely accept payments using smartphones and tablets, we help open up a world of possibilities in reshaping the end-to-end customer experience. Secure, safe, seamless payments. Everywhere.
Our client is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All our people make this an exciting and inclusive place to work, where they can be themselves and let their skills shine. We value quality and excellence in everything we do, with a strong focus on supporting and developing our employees.
We offer a range of flexible working options that allow our people the opportunity to contribute fully, without compromising family commitments or general well-being.
The DevOps Engineer/Services Developer will work across teams, bringing together Operations and Development, QA, and Security to deliver fast and secure solutions.
You will enjoy and be an able developer having expert understanding of deploying solutions to cloud infrastructure.
Also, you will be the in-region services development and cloud infrastructure expert and will work across teams to design, develop and support MPP solutions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
• Design, implement distributed applications and micro services and deploy to Azure infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
• Be the Services development and Azure infrastructure expert in-region
• Work with solution architects and developers to design, develop and maintain MPP backend and MATE services
– Create automatons for build, test and deployment using Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) with Azure DevOps pipelines
• Provide Azure systems support, system troubleshooting and problem-solving across multiple deployments. Primarily for New Zealand development team but from time to time may be required to work with other global DevOps as required
• Implement Cloud and DevOps industry best practices and tooling. Stay abreast of the evolving landscape and evaluate new technologies to make substantiated recommendations for improvement
• Develop tools and infrastructure to support the development teams in delivering quality software at high velocity
• Collaborate across teams to deliver code and infrastructure that meets technical requirements and commercial sense.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Good understanding of distributed applications and micro services
• Good backend experience using .Net core web.api and designing REST API consumed by mobile clients
• Hands-on experience working with cloud infrastructure and services (Azure)
• Experience with at least one scripting language
• Experience with configuration management tools
• Experience designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines and tools
• Experience with Containers & Container Orchestration (Kubernetes)
• Significant knowledge of Azure architecture and understanding of trouble shooting applications hosted on the Microsoft stack. Azure certification a bonus
• Experience with Azure DevOps pipelines CI/CD
• Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle and experience working in Production environments
• Expected to deliver quality code, writing and maintaining unit/integration tests
• Developing and Deploying .NET applications
• Experience with Pulumi (other IaC tools like Terraform and ARM templating also useful)
• Advanced Bash and/or PowerShell scripting
• GitOps experience
• Knowledge or experience implementing IT policies for security and privacy compliance (SOC, PCI, etc) o Exposure to PCI-DSS in previous roles o Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery planning experience
• Working knowledge of SQL Server
• Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously in a virtual work environment
• A self-starter able to administer several open, ongoing assignments. Comfortable with ambiguity and unstructured assignments, requiring autonomy and independent judgment
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and willingness to “dive deep”