Deputy Director – ICT Risk and Assurance
- Job type Permanent
- Region Wellington
- Posted on 5 July 2020
- Ref # 32094842
Deputy Director – ICT Risk & Assurance
- Opportunity to lead, coach and grow a team of Risk & Security specialists
- Utilise your strong stakeholder management skills within a large, complex environment
- Petone based position
Our client works around the clock to contribute to the safety and security of all New Zealanders. As a modern and professional work force, they work in partnership with many other government agencies with the well-being of the community being their primary focus.
About the role
The role will be focused on continuing with the establishment of the practice, forming relationships across the organisation and coaching and developing a team of assurance, risk and security specialists. You will be advocating and facilitating discussions about risks and their management strategies, promoting a risk dialogue centred on specific business issues. There will be opportunity to lead a programme of assurance to provide key decision makers with data and analysis on the effectiveness, efficiency, performance and compliance of ICT systems, processes and controls to support the effective management of ICT risks and opportunities.
Skill and experience
- Ideally 10+ years experience in controls evaluation or design and assurance frameworks in large or complex organisations
- Strong people leadership skills, with at least 5 years management experience
- A sound understanding of contemporary risk based audit methodologies
- A broad understanding of public sector (government) agencies
- Excellent engagement management, delivery, and report writing skills
- Suitable tertiary qualification or equivalent knowledge gained by industry experience
- Training and certification in a suitable risk management framework or standards such as ISO 31000
- Training and certification in IT audit such as Certified Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
You must be customer focused, resilient and able to manage challenging stakeholders across the organisation.
Please Note: You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance.
For further information please call Amanda Halka on 0800 29 89 99 or apply direct by clicking below.