Data Engineering Team Lead
- Job type Permanent
- Region Auckland
- Posted on 4 May 2021
- Ref # 32185368
- Lots of working flexibility and Working From Home allowances
- Public Sector project environment
- Quickly growing Development team within an enterprise Public Services organisation.
A Public Services and Local Government Enterprise (and very much a well known entity across the country). The company never holds back on sign-off of large budgets and thus, allowing vast improvements to the outlook and day to day operations and running of the Auckland Region and beyond.
Such a large operation has large amounts of stored data which are constantly changing and evolving. This has created the need of an additional Business Analyst or SCRUM Master who will additionally be a Team Leader to assist in building the culture and career growth of the existing BI Development team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will sit as a key team member reporting directly to the Analytics Manager while leading a fantastic team of Developers and Data Analysts while coordinating them to work to an Agile SCRUM model.
Along with day to day leadership, you will have a responsibility of providing Reporting & Analytics based on the organisations core public services and operations.
The skills that will encourage success in your application include:
- Data Engineering – at least 7yrs commercial experience with leadership experience
- Team Leadership – experience in leading (not managing) team members and ensuring they are adopting ‘best practice’ from an Agile SCRUM perspective.
- Technologies appreciation – experienced in working across end to end Data WArehouse related projects which have used technologies that could include; WhereScape RED / MS BI Stack (SSIS & SSRS)
- Other – Agile based delivery and leadership.
What is on offer?
- A base of up to $135,000 (for solid Team Leadership)
- KiwiSaver on top of salary
- Lots of working flexibility
- End-to-End Project lifecycles.
RESTRICTIONS (to Offshore Applicants)
Due to Immigration and the borders remaining closed, we can only accept applications from Returning NZ Citizens and individuals already holding NZ PERMANENT RESIDENCY.
For individual already in NZ, the organisation is Accredited and so is able to bring you over from other employers.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button or for further information please call Carl Robinson on 09 302 7024