- Job type Permanent
- Region Wellington
- Posted on 2 December 2020
- Ref # 32114392
• Data developer / DBA opportunity
• Unique not-for-profit organisation with global reach
• Porirua or Wellington based
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Global consulting business that supports a mix of small to medium businesses with a range of business advisory, coaching, consulting and training programs. This is a business with strong, hardworking and progressive commercial acumen who channels all profits back into community focused initiatives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be utilising your development and database administration skills to provide solutions to technical issues. You will be responsible for meeting development schedules and ensuring that delivered solutions meet the technical specifications and design requirements
• Work closely with the product teams to develop database objects and scripts
• Work with the platform and data teams to ensure their production SQL databases are performing optimally
• Conduct system wide requirement analysis
• Write / review code as a developer
• Release, maintain and support software in staging, UAT & production environments
• Conduct thorough unit testing and integration testing
• Maintain and support AWS and Azure cloud environments
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Excellent knowledge of database development technologies, including MS SQL, My SQL, Stored Procedure, ORM & MicroORM
• Experience with reporting services like SSIS, Data Factory, Snowflake, Event Hubs, Power BI
• Good working knowledge of Azure, AWS or other cloud platforms
• Experience with database administration (using SQL server) would be advantageous
• Hands on experience optimizing performance in high workload / throughput databases
• Good knowledge of design patterns
• Good knowledge of the company product development lifecycle and the process tools
• Sound knowledge of estimation technique
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter or for further information please call Amanda Halka or Luwee Lim on 0800 29 89 99.
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.