Cloud Network Engineer (with Linux) – $125,000
- Job type Permanent
- Region Auckland
- Posted on 17 September 2020
- Ref # 32104209
- MS Azure Cloud, Networks and Linux environment.
- Employer of Choice with a superb – work, life & balance ethic
- Excellent benefits package.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A fully owned NZ firm who has successfully and consistently managed to build its capability and name in being a highly successful delivery specialist in Networking solutions.
The company has grown year on year in its 20yrs+ existence across the nation. The company very much practices a healthy Work, Life Balance strategy and where possible allows its employees to work from home. A major reason why this solutions organisation holds so much success is their motto “We are only as good as our people”.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role offers a great deal of diversity in that although our need is a Network Engineer within the enterprise market, the immediate needs include the requirement for customer facing provisions of solutions aligned to Cloud based offerings, full end to end implementations, migrations and upgrades. Your diverse expertise will see you as the ‘go -to’ person and ‘Trusted Adviser / Consultant’.
Required SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Network Engineering – a minimum of 5yrs which should include configuration of Routers and Switches (MS / Cisco / Juniper type). Working within an enterprise level networking environment.
- Functions – configuration, installation and high level troubleshooting of Network devices and Network based software
- Cloud Networks – Azure (essential) / O365 (essential).
- Linux (essential) – very high level support and administration with at least one of the Linux flavours; – example: RedHat / SuSE / CentOS / Ubuntu
- Scripting – experience in one of the following – Python or Bash or Perl.
- Video & Telephony – experienced in VoIP (also ideally VC network connections to MS Teams)
- Other – VPN configuration / Firewall installation / MS Networks Load Balancing.
- Base salary of upto $125,000
- Phone Plan
- Southern Cross Health Insurance (for yourself and family)
- Lots of social activities and Children’s Charity events.
- Working from Home options where feasible
***Our ‘wish list’ is indeed quite long however, these projects hold the diversity allowing you to utilise all of these qualities!
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button and include your resume or for further information please call Carl Robinson on 09 302 7024
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we would normally welcome international enquiries, only applicants who are either already in New Zealand OR returning NZ Citizens and Permanent Residents can be considered (this is due to the NZ Borders remaining closed and Immigration offices remaining closed).
Others may not necessarily be responded to