Head of Digital- HAMILTON, Waikato
- Job type Permanent
- Region Waikato
- Posted on 19 November 2019
- Ref # 414761
Our client is a well-known Hamilton employer, an industry leader in their field, they have a nationwide presence. They operate agile working practices, and are passionate about getting the most out of the latest technologies. They are well on their digital development journey and are focused on delivering cutting edge state-of-the-art digital solutions for their valued clients.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, you will be responsible for technology development and the delivery of core business projects.As the Head of Digital and Farms systems within Technology you will have ownership of the technology strategy and operational delivery of fit-for -purpose MINDA ecosystem, as well as our emerging digital platforms across the organisation group.
A day in the life:
- Collaborate closely with the Senior leadership team to evolve and implement digital strategies, and continiously improve the technology digital capabilities.
- Collaborate with internal product owners
- Support the adoption and ongoing evolution of Lean, Agile, and customer centric approaches.
- Work in close collaboration with Product, Architecture, Portfolio and DevOps to deliver the Digital Platform
- Be accountable for the on time and quality delivery of software development effort across your teams
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable and experienced in software engineering best practices across feature development, cloud operations, testing and quality assurance. You will have prior experience leading a team of developers within an Agile environment.
- 5+ years senior management experience
- A strong background in software development including the management of software development teams
- Relevant tertiary qualification with great communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong commercial acumen and decision making skills
- A proven track record of implementing large scale digital B2B / B2C / B2X platform solutions in Finance, Manufacturing, Sales & Supply Chain
- Demonstrable leadership experience in driving business and IT led change programmes within large scale organisations across multiple business units and geographies.
- Strategic mindset- demonstrable experience to articulate how the digital platforms can help generate demand, revenue, and drive business forward and act as a Digital Evangelist.
- Has an extensive technical expertise from software development life cycle to front and back end development
- Lead the Digital Strategy
- Waikato Location – Great Work and Lifestyle
- Excellent Remuneration
For further information please call Neha on 07 834 0412 or apply by clicking on the 'Apply for this job' button.
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.