- Job type Contract
- Region Auckland
- Posted on 19 September 2019
- Ref # 416600
Embedded Engineer - IoT
Competitive hourly rate
We are seeking an Embedded Engineer with a keen interest in Internet of Things to work with an innovative business working on some very unique products.
The ideal candidate will bring rich knowledge of best practices and design patterns, along with a strong software engineering background, and will be comfortable with setting-up and configuration.
As a member of the IoT Engineering Team you will be implementing the IoT functionality such as device identification, building the sever and making everything fun.
Requirements for this job include:
Cellular / cellular phone chip knowledge
Experience dealing with 3g or 4g networks
Experience dealing with different communication protocols such as TCP, GSM, GPRS
- Knowledge of setting up a server with secure TCP socket and embed GPRS protocols to listen to device data transmission over the cellular network
- Beneficial: Experience working with IoT protocols, and technologies, like IPWAN, NB-IoT, and LTE CAT-M1
- Beneficial: Azure IOT hub or AWS IOT setup and configuration
- Beneficial: Basic API CRUD to make the device data available for our other services
For further information please call Ednadine on 09 302 4810 apply direct by clicking the Apply button.
NOTE for Overseas Enquiries and Non NZ Residents:
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.