Senior Azure SQL - DBA
- Job type Permanent
- Region Auckland
- Posted on 16 April 2019
- Ref # 415090
Your new company in a nutshell:
A software company that specialises in unique Software tools. They are well established with a great team who is passionate about delivering best-fit solutions for their clients every time. A great time to join an already thriving business who are expanding due to company success The business operates in a highly dynamic, fast-paced technology space you will be: Managing and maintaining Azure SQL & Microsoft SQL Server, performance tuning and optimization, restoration and replication of MS SQL technologies. As well as….
• Define Backup / Recovery strategy
• Design and architect various high availability and disaster recovery solutions, as well long term archival process
• Design, implement and maintain all functions of database systems, including access, methods and time, device allocations, validation checks, organization, security, documentation and statistical methodology
• Assist in development of systems and procedures affecting database management, design and maintenance
• Support problem resolution; consult and advise in application design and tuning; plan, organize and execute product benchmarks for threshold and functionality
• Participate in product evaluations, design review session, data requirement meetings and consulting with application development products
• Review ongoing and proposed projects to identify opportunities for reuse and process improvement
On top of the above you will have:
• Proven understanding of DevOps principles
• Proven scripting abilities (preferably Powershell)
What it's like to work here:
You will be part of an innovative company with a great team culture with exposure to new technologies & an open-door policy.
What's in it for you?
An award-winning company, Excellent remuneration, Supportive team environment, Free parking and being part of a social family who really look out for each other
For further information please contact Claire Thomas on 02102434396 or Franco Carli on 093027023 apply by clicking on the 'Apply for this job' button.