Project Manager- TAURANGA
- Job type Permanent
- Region Bay of Plenty
- Posted on 14 February 2020
- Ref # 417944
- Tauranga based role
- Good salary and great company culture
- Be an advocate for developing customer centric IT function
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Project Manager, is responsible for the management and coordination and execution of their NZ IT projects as well as leading the delivery of a diverse range of projects across the whole NZ Group and operating entities to deliver optimal business benefit and service to our customers.
This role will play an important part in helping to foster a culture of sustainable improvement by embedding an appropriate set of IT principles and methodologies and project management expertise to deliver business transformation.
- Lead the delivery of Project Management support to the business across a wide range of programs, customer tenders and other business improvement ventures.
- Manage project delivery in a manner that ensures the appropriate level of governance is applied for projects of differing complexity and risk level.
- Work with managers to ensure that your workload is appropriately prioritised with clearly scoped and defined projects that deliver significant business benefits and therefore optimise the demands of your time and best-case use of your skills and expertise.
- Develop and maintain strong, long-term relationships with internal stakeholders at operational site, business process and senior management levels.
- Specialist knowledge and demonstrated experience in applying contemporary IT Management strategies and practices within a supply chain/transport and logistics-based environment.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in applying best practice project management methodologies and techniques within a supply chain/transport and logistics-based environment.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering successful change and large/complex projects in a fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation and conflict resolution skills at all organisational levels; with demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business partnering relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ideally you should have a background in large and/or complex software development projects as a number of client projects have an R&D flavour to them.
- Someone disciplined in the software development life cycle who will be able to bring structure to the requisite work programmes with both technology vendors and the internal IT team.
- Change management experience will be helpful, again to support the organisation through delivering new products and services.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter or for further information please call Neha on 07 834 0412
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.