Senior Cloud Engineer
- Job type Permanent
- Region Wellington
- Posted on 12 September 2019
- Ref # 416514
- Hybrid Cloud Environment (AWS and Azure)
- In-house team with interesting project work
- $120 - $130,000 + good training benefits
Join a medium sized in-house team for a large NZ community focused organisation, with their head office in Wellington and centres nationwide. This organisation has gone through a large transformation with a key focus on moving to cloud services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be working within a solid in-house team as the senior cloud expert focused on designing and developing enterprise cloud capabilities and solutions for all cloud service types.
- Contribute and support the cloud strategy
- Provide design and engineering support towards the delivery of IT's cloud project portfolio
- Focus on project technical and architectural design, cost effectiveness, quality of solutions, knowledge transfer
- Mentor the project technical team members.
- Create and implement automation in the form of infrastructure as code for cloud platform solutions
- Solid experience in IT platform, storage, networking and virtualisation engineering
- Experience in the design and implementation of distributed applications
- In-depth practical experience with cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, trends and industry leading cloud vendor offerings
- Experience in architecting and implementing cloud based solutions with robut Business Continuity and DR requirements
- Practical experience in designing and building automated solutions including AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, KMS, Route 53, Lambda, IAM, Kinesis, ECS and API Gateway
- Azure Application Development or support experiences with Azure PaaS services
- Any experience working with big data would be advantageous
- Experience working with cloud automation tools
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter or for further information please call Hayley MacDonald or Amanda Halka on 0800 29 89 99.
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.