Embedded Systems / Robotics Engineer
- Job type Permanent
- Region Auckland
- Posted on 15 March 2019
- Ref # 414820
- Fast growing company offer great career advancement
- Work for award winning technology leaders
- Be part of “one of the first”
Our client is an award winning one of a kind package. For more than a decade they have been the leaders in the Intelligent Transport System industry. Their services extend to traffic management systems and equipment including variable message signs, speed activated signs, motorway signalling, modem/network based systems, sensors and integrated location services solutions. They have recognised a gap in the New Zealand market and have started an AV Technology company.
Join a dedicated team of researchers and engineers to deliver New Zealand's first autonomous shuttle. You will be working on integrating and refining various sensor and actuator technologies into an autonomous shuttle. This is an exciting role with a lot of variation.
- May serve as lead, technical expert or project manager to team(s) concerned with development, networking and/or project management to coordinate changes and support enterprise technology initiatives.
- Conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost effective architecture solutionsMay serve as lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems, business or data architecture.
- Define core and support technology, data entities, business functions and/or subject areas that transcend organizational and functional boundaries.
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions.
- Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common understanding of those data.
- Oversee multiple projects in order to preserve the architectural vision and protect stakeholder interests as well as to meet operational and financial reporting requirements
- May review work of other team members and mentor junior architects
- Confer with business units and application development staff to understand both the business and technical requirements and to define architectural constraints
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate governance. Keep abreast of relevant architecture best practices.
- minimum of 5 years industrial experience in the field of robotics and embedded systems
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Systems Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related subject
- experience in embedded hardware design
- proven ability to work from system level down to full implementation
- experience in bare metal microcontroller application programming
- experience with ROS is essential
- experience in operating system-based application programming for embedded systems (Linux and RTOS)
- excellent debugging and fault-finding skills
- experience with LiDAR technology
- experience with sensors like ultrasound, IMU systems, radars, cameras etc.
- knowledge of IoT connectivity and RF based communication systems
- knowledge of server-based application design
- general knowledge of GPS and RTK-GPS
- knowledge of mobile network-based communication systems
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that you will be contacted by Absolute IT within 14 days should we wish to proceed with your application. Similarly, if you are not contacted by Absolute IT, please accept your application as unsuccessful. Your CV will automatically be added to our database and we could be contacting you should a suitable position arise.