Data Engineer (AWS/Big Data)
- Job type Permanent
- Region Wellington
- Posted on 18 January 2019
- Ref # 414136
An innovative and forward thinking private organisation that is genuinely interested in its people and customers. Being a leader in the energy market, this company encourages its team members to be curious, forward thinking, take risks and welcomes new ideas.
What will you do?
Work as part of a team of skilled Data Engineers and Data Analysts that add great value to the business due to their approach to problem solving and unique ideas. Joining a team of people from different backgrounds, this group are motivated by this critical project to transform their traditional data landscape to a more flexible, faster and simplified way of working. You will be part of a team who are instrumental in providing more accessibility to the data for the wider business and in turn greater cost benefits.
A day in the life:
• Be an important part of the Data Engineer team and help them with their Data Migration Project to a Cloud Based Environment
• Good Understanding of Data Architecture, Governance and Analytics
• Improve Data Quality, Data Access and Data Lifecyle Management
• Build the infrastructure that is required for the extraction and transformation of data using SQL and AWS Big Data technologies
• Be a key player to help the business simplify their approach with Data
• You are a forward-thinking individual who enjoys challenging yourself and sharing new ideas with the team
• While the following technologies (and experience) are beneficial to have, this company is also interested in the right candidate who possesses an inquiring mind, is not afraid to fail and who can pick up new technologies and ideas quickly
• 10+ years' experience in IT industry
• Experience with Big Data tools, SQL databases, AWS cloud services
• Familiar with Apache technologies
• Experience in Relational Databases, Data Modelling, and ETL/ ELT design and Data Profiling
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages
What's in it for you?
• A company that puts its people and customer first and welcomes new ideas and a high level of curiosity
• An innovative project which will enhance and transform the Business
• Great base salary, bonus and package
For further information please call Helen MacDiarmid on 04 460 0270, Stefanie Sentheim on 04 931 6878 or apply by clicking on the 'Apply for this job' button.
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.