Esri Solution Architect
- Job type Permanent
- Regions Auckland, Canterbury, Waikato, Wellington,
- Posted on 20 September 2019
- Ref # 416622
Our client is a well established geospatial solutions company with a demonstrated history of delivering strategic consulting and geospatial solutions to their clients.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Esri Solution Architect role is a senior role and utilises your varied skillset and experience in the GIS and spatial sciences field. In particular the role requires deep experience with utilities (electricity, gas and water) and the Esri brand of GIS Software products and services.
The key purpose of the role:
To deisgn, develop, implement and support the client's projects
To provide GIS Technical Advisory, GIS consultancy, including on-site GIS consultancy, in support of the research and development of proposed GIS projects and services as required. This will include technical Esri support in support of our customers business units, their GIS Technicians and their production of geographic products and services.
Solution architecture, solution design, wireframes and cost estimates.
To liaise and collaborate with the clients to achieve the best outcomes with respect to Esri and GIS
- Design, architect and create solutions to a high standard within agreed specifications and scope
- Write and assist with proposals, specifications, detailed design and other post-project technical documentation
- Have detailed knowledge of the Esri platform generally to be able to deliver appropriate solutions and advice
- To assist where necessary with requirements gathering (for example, researching GIS related business issues and solutions, conducting workshops and working with client Subject Mater Experts) for projects and programs of work relating to geographic products and services including cost estimation (in conjunction with technical resources)
- Production of agreed detailed functional specifications for development and test teams to use as part of their work to develop geographic products and services.
Esri Platform experience
- Esri's ArcGIS Server/Desktop tools/mobile/Web including ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS / Cloud and on-premise
- A high level of experience in the Utilities space - professional experience in electricity is highly desirable
- ArcGIS applications like Collector for ArcGIS, Survey 123 for ArcGIS, Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS, Insights for ArcGIS, and also Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS
- Frameworks such as Angular, React, Leaflet, Bootstrap or the Esri JS API
- Python, C#/.Net/.Net Core, ASP.Net (MVC), Node, JS
- Significant commercial experience in the GIS industry including in within the utilities space (i.e. electricity, gas, water)
- At least 7 years' commercial experience with Esri
- You understand industry standard best practices in Esri Solution Architecture and Design, and Esri implementation
- SQL DB (SQL Server, Oracle, PostGIS, PostGreSQL)
- Project Management experience and Project Management Software knowledge (Ontime – will be taught if necessary)
- Strong communications, analytical and management skills and be able to liaise seamlessly between business and technical contributors internally and externally
- Excellent knowledge of the Esri platform as well as generating Enterprise, Solution and Application level architectures within the Platform
- Excellent knowledge of security (patterns and practices) for the Esri platform
A professional and sociable office environment with a smaller team (<25) of GIS professionals. The ideal candidate will work from the Auckland office but there is potential for you to work from another location in New Zealand.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter or for further information please call Kirsty Whyte on (09) 302-5316.