- Job Seekers
- About Us
- Our Team
- Contact Us
15 Nov 2023
About Wellington Water
Wellington Water is an infrastructure asset management company whose primary role is to provide safe drinking water, manage wastewater treatment, and oversee stormwater networks across the Wellington Region. Their purpose is to help communities prosper through the following outcomes:
- Provide safe and healthy water
- Respect the natural and built environments
- Deliver resilient networks to support the economy
One key obligation of Wellington Water is to give effect to te mana o te wai, which is a fundamental concept focused on restoring and preserving the balance between water (wai), the wider environment (taiao), and people (tāngata), now and in the future.
About the Digital Products & Services Team
The Digital Products and Services Team enables Wellington Water’s business outcomes through the provision of data, information, and technology services and solutions. Their mission is to make sure Wellington Water has trusted information for decision making when, where and how it’s needed. To achieve this mission for a growing Wellington Water team and work programme they are building in-house digital capability.
About the Role
As a Developer you will be crafting innovative digital solutions, managing data integration tools, and collaborating with Senior Developers and cross-functional teams. Expect to dive into cloud networks, master data analytics, and work on spatial data integration.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Develop user-friendly digital products and services aligned with organisational objectives
- Collaborate with Senior Developers and cross-functional teams to integrate cloud networks, data analytics, and ArcGIS domains
- Utilise data integration tools like FME for seamless processes and transform data from diverse sources using ETL techniques
- Demonstrate multi-dimensional data modelling, SQL skills, and problem-solving methodologies
- Continuous learning to stay updated with the latest technologies and industry trends
- Flexible working options
- Ongoing training and career development support
- Additional leave benefits – e.g. 5 weeks annual leave after 2 years of employment
- EAP and wellbeing services
- Relocation contribution – eligibility applies
- Health insurance, vision care and hearing testing subsidies
- Retailer discounts
About Your Skills & Experience
- In-depth knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional data modelling, SQL skills, and spatial data integration, ideally with knowledge within a GIS or asset management context
- Knowledge of cloud principles, with some exposure to AWS or equivalent platforms ideal
- Experience with data integration tools, FME and ETL processes preferred
- Strong problem-solving abilities, critical thinking, and adaptability in an agile environment
- Can-do attitude, with an eagerness to learn
Learn more & view all job opportunities by visiting: www.absoluteit.co.nz/wellington-water
To join Wellington Water and be a part of this vital transformation journey, apply today! Or, for more information, contact Sabrina Xavier on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 278 9293.
We will be reviewing and progressing applications as they are received, so don’t delay, get your application in now!