- Job Seekers
- About Us
- Our Team
- Contact Us
15 Nov 2023
About Wellington Water
Wellington Water is an infrastructure asset management company whose primary role is to provide safe drinking water, manage wastewater treatment, and oversee stormwater networks across the Wellington Region. Their purpose is to help communities prosper through the following outcomes:
- Provide safe and healthy water
- Respect the natural and built environments
- Deliver resilient networks to support the economy
One key obligation of Wellington Water is to give effect to te mana o te wai, which is a fundamental concept focused on restoring and preserving the balance between water (wai), the wider environment (taiao), and people (tāngata), now and in the future.
About the Digital Products & Services Team
The Digital Products and Services Team enables Wellington Water’s business outcomes through the provision of data, information, and technology services and solutions. Their mission is to make sure Wellington Water has trusted information for decision making when, where and how it’s needed. To achieve this mission for a growing Wellington Water team and work programme they are building in-house digital capability.
About the Role
As the Senior Developer – Data Integration, you will design, develop, and maintain cutting-edge data integrations, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams within the Digital Products and Services department. You will be a key senior influence within the team and mentor junior developers.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain data integrations, ensuring optimal performance and reliability
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and provide subject matter expertise in data integration solutions
- Manage and support REST API services, utilising Python and Ruby for integration scripting
- Contribute to technology roadmaps and solution development practices
- Ensure seamless data flow using cloud networks and services, with a focus on AWS expertise
- Flexible working options
- Ongoing training and career development support
- Additional leave benefits – e.g. 5 weeks annual leave after 2 years of employment
- EAP and wellbeing services
- Relocation contribution – eligibility applies
- Health insurance, vision care and hearing testing subsidies
- Retailer discounts
About Your Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in cloud networks and services, particularly AWS
- Expert knowledge in developing and managing REST API services and FME, or other data integration solutions
- Strong scripting skills in Python, Ruby or equivalent tools for integration tasks
- Excellent understanding of data models and frameworks
- Agile mindset and excellent communication skills for effective collaboration
Learn more & view all job opportunities by visiting: www.absoluteit.co.nz/wellington-water
To join Wellington Water and be a part of this vital transformation journey, apply today! Or, for more information, contact Ben Dickson on 04 460 0273.
We will be reviewing and progressing applications as they are received, so don’t delay, get your application in now!