- Job Seekers
- About Us
- Our Team
- Contact Us
15 Nov 2023
About Wellington Water
Wellington Water is an infrastructure asset management company whose primary role is to provide safe drinking water, manage wastewater treatment, and oversee stormwater networks across the Wellington Region. Their purpose is to help communities prosper through the following outcomes:
- Provide safe and healthy water
- Respect the natural and built environments
- Deliver resilient networks to support the economy
One key obligation of Wellington Water is to give effect to te mana o te wai, which is a fundamental concept focused on restoring and preserving the balance between water (wai), the wider environment (taiao), and people (tāngata), now and in the future.
About the Digital Products & Services Team
The Digital Products and Services Team enables Wellington Water’s business outcomes through the provision of data, information, and technology services and solutions. Their mission is ensuring Wellington Water people trusted information for decision making when, where and how they need it. To achieve this mission for a growing Wellington Water team and work programme they are building in-house digital capability.
About the Role
As a Systems Administrator, you will oversee maintenance and support for Operational Technologies (OT), ensuring seamless water services delivery. You will manage IT/OT systems, collaborate with specialist teams, and maintain strong vendor relationships. Key technologies include SCADA systems, Microsoft platforms, VMWare ESX, and cloud services.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Provide 2nd & 3rd level support for OT in water treatment and delivery
- Administer SCADA systems and manage outsourced vendor services effectively
- Ensure compliance with cyber security standards and ITIL practices
- Collaborate with specialist teams, maintaining underlying IT/OT platforms
- Uphold defined SLAs, ensuring seamless water services operation
- Flexible working options
- Ongoing training and career development support
- Additional leave benefits – e.g. 5 weeks annual leave after 2 years of employment
- EAP and wellbeing services
- Relocation contribution – eligibility applies
- Health insurance, vision care and hearing testing subsidies
- Retailer discounts
About Your Skills & Experience
- Expert systems administration knowledge, with experience managing and resolving issues at Level 2 and Level 3
- Strong expertise in Microsoft platforms including Windows Desktop, Windows Server, AWS, Office 365 and Azure AD
- Hands on experience with virtualisation tools (VMWare preferred) and AWS cloud services
- Excellent understanding of Database solutions, MS SQL and ETL Technologies e.g., FME
- Well-honed interpersonal, communication, and adaptability skills
- Detail-oriented mindset with robust technical proficiency and Powershell scripting expertise
- Proficiency in SCADA or OT systems (Citect, Aveva, Abbey Systems, Rockwell Automation) is desirable
Learn more & view all job opportunities by visiting: www.absoluteit.co.nz/wellington-water
To join Wellington Water and be a part of this vital transformation journey, apply today! Or, for more information, contact Sabrina Xavier on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 278 9293.
Please note applications will be processed as received, so don’t delay, apply now!