- Job Seekers
- About Us
- Our Team
- Contact Us
Senior Application Support Analyst
15 Nov 2023
About Wellington Water
Wellington Water is an infrastructure asset management company whose primary role is to provide safe drinking water, manage wastewater treatment, and oversee stormwater networks across the Wellington Region. Their purpose is to help communities prosper through the following outcomes:
- Provide safe and healthy water
- Respect the natural and built environments
- Deliver resilient networks to support the economy
One key obligation of Wellington Water is to give effect to te mana o te wai, which is a fundamental concept focused on restoring and preserving the balance between water (wai), the wider environment (taiao), and people (tāngata), now and in the future.
About the Digital Products & Services Team
The Digital Products and Services Team enables Wellington Water’s business outcomes through the provision of data, information, and technology services and solutions. Their mission is to make sure Wellington Water has trusted information for decision making when, where and how it’s needed. To achieve this mission for a growing Wellington Water team and work programme they are building in-house digital capability.
About the Role
As the Senior Application Support Analyst, your responsibilities include managing and maintaining critical business applications, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, and ensuring support aligns with service-level agreements. Your role involves working with diverse IT systems, contributing to security enhancements, and providing crucial support to the Manager, Digital Operations in defining frameworks and mentoring junior team members.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Provide Level 2 & 3 support to internal users
- Act as the key liaison between internal staff and external suppliers/vendors
- Ensure support and maintenance are well-documented and tracked
- Monitor and report on application availability, performance, and functionality
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve application issues
- Contribute to the team and strategy in a senior capacity
- Flexible working options
- Ongoing training and career development support
- Additional leave benefits – e.g. 5 weeks annual leave after 2 years of employment
- EAP and wellbeing services
- Relocation contribution – eligibility applies
- Health insurance, vision care and hearing testing subsidies
- Retailer discounts
About Your Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in IT application support services within complex structured environments
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft technologies e.g., Windows Server, SharePoint, Power BI, etc.
- Hands-on experience with ETL technologies (ideally FME) and MS SQL databases
- Technical understanding of Windows Server or AWS environments, ideally both and how they integrate
- Ideally worked with ITIL practices for change management and operations, and ICM modern team solutions
Learn more & view all job opportunities by visiting: www.absoluteit.co.nz/wellington-water
To join Wellington Water and be a part of this vital transformation journey, apply today! Or, for more information, contact Yuri Dominski on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note applications will be processed as received, so don’t delay, apply now!