- Job Seekers
- About Us
- Our Team
- Contact Us
Cyber Security & Network Engineer (Palo Alto)
08 Nov 2023
This really is an opportunity to work with some of NZ’s finest organisations and Network Security Specialists. The organisation offer some of the best benefits in the market along with ongoing training and Certifications as and where required.
- Excellent remuneration (to $140k base + Many Benefits)
- Remote Work flexibility (within NZ) and excellent career growth
- Project rich environment with a great deal of day to day diversity.
**Please be aware: Visa assistance is NOT an option for these roles – we can only accept applications from New Zealand Work Visa holders who have resided in NZ for at least 6 months, Returning NZ Residents, Citizens or Australian Residents and Citizens.
The management team include several of NZ’s well known IT services and solutions professionals who have all gelled due to having the very same, relaxed and yet delivery focussed attitudes. They are seeking the very same while further building their expanding team with another Security Network Specialist.
The organisation is large by NZ standards with around 300 employees and a fantastic senior management structure. The company are very open armed at encouraging a great deal of diversity into their teams with a good balance of female and male decision makers sitting within their ranks. The company has also won a number of industry awards through their partnerships with enterprises such as Microsoft.
Your ability to communicate and collaborate within a cross-functional team is crucial.
We are seeking a seasoned , Senior Security / Network Specialist with a major focus on Palo Alto (essential) and ideally some commercial Juniper expertise.
You will provide high level Network Engineering services to a variety of customers across the country. Much of the work can be carried out remotely within NZ although there is a definite expectation that you will spend some weekly time in the office and thus liaising with the broader team. Offices are located in Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga and Wellington. The major focus of work however, being Auckland based customers and supported from a regional office and hybrid working from your home.
Day to day tasks will include:
- High level LAN, WAN, VLAN related networking within enterprise level organisations.
- delivering technical solutions and support to customers and a focus to Implement and build both on-prem networks along with cloud technology solutions and also assist with operational tasks / system checks.
- Implement and operate best practice network security policies, standards and procedures.
- Maintain great relationships with customers and provide onsite customer support and liaisons when and where required.
- Work alongside the Account Management/Sales team in providing pre-sales (technical solutions), proposals and Statements of Work.
- Security & Network Engineering – a minimum of 5yrs commercial experience. This must include working with enterprise level network security and operating as a Senior within a team.
- Products – Palo Alto is 100% essential and Juniper would be very beneficial. Your experience with one or both of these must be very recent and at expert level.
- Functions – Solutions Design in multiple networking technologies covering, Load Balancing, SD-WAN’s, Firewalls, Switching & Routing along with MPLS.
Beneficial (not essential)
- Site Reliability Engineering or DevSecOps – practices and methodologies.
- Certifications – Security aligned accreditations (Juniper and/or Palo Alto would be ideal)
- Cloud related Networking & Security
- Cloud or DevOps related certifications
What is on offer?
- Salary up to $140k base + Kiwisaver
- Ongoing training and career growth Professional growth and learning opportunities
- Fully subsidised medical insurance for employees
- Heavily discounted medical insurance for immediate family of employees
- Enhanced parental leave payment – salary top-ups plus return-to-work incentive
- Hybrid working model (2-3 days in the office)
- Staff Assistance Programme
- Annual Flu injections
- Sick leave from your first day on board
- Remote working options where practical and mutually agreed
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter or for further information please call Charolette Selvey or Carl Robinson on 09 302 7025.
**An existing NZ Work Visa is mandatory (Variation of Conditions will not suit). We will not be accepting applications from anyone who does not meet this criteria (this is due to timing and the nature of the role).