- Job Seekers
- About Us
- Our Team
- Contact Us
IT Student Policy Operations Consultant
09 Aug 2022
- Calling students studying IT, graduating in 2022
- Gain valuable work experience while you study! Contract opportunities with our client starting end of July beginning of August
- Our experienced team are here to support you throughout your contract placement
Take your first step into the world of IT work with us! Multiple contracting opportunities are available in Tauranga and Auckland in the insurance sector.
Gain commercial work experience while studying…
Would you like to use your IT related study and get paid for it? Are you graduating in 2022 and keen to get that all important work experience on your CV?
Working with one of New Zealand’s largest insurance companies, we are looking for students that want to get ahead, are keen to learn and interested in contracting experiences to fit around study commitments. The IT job market is booming right now, and this is a unique opportunity to get a taste for real world work, while you finish your qualifications.
The Accordant Group is New Zealand’s largest recruitment group. Two companies that form part of the Accordant Group are Absolute IT and The Work Collective:
– Absolute IT: A passionate contributor to the New Zealand Tech Sector providing contractors and permanent placement services to IT clients throughout New Zealand.
– The Work Collective: A social employment initiative that partners with organisations to provide work opportunities for people who have barriers to finding work.
Absolute IT and The Work Collective are working collaboratively on this initiative, helping to solve talent challenges and facilitate pathways into IT careers for soon-to-be graduate IT students. We want to help students who are considering a career in IT, to achieve their goal by developing their understanding of working in this sector, while improving their employability with real world work experience.
About these roles:
- These roles are contracting opportunities that fit the needs of our clients while giving you a broad exposure into corporate life.
- The first few weeks of onboarding and training will be delivered in person so you will need to work Monday to Friday 8.30am to 1pm – 20 hours per week. This is to ensure you are set up for success
- After training hours of work will be at least 20 per week and the days and hours worked will be agreed with you to fit around your study commitments.
- The work focuses on providing outstanding customer service to internal and external clients through resolving of queries, processing claims and renewals, and processing changes to policies and customer details
- Through this you will gain valuable knowledge and benefit from understanding the customer experience and internal systems and processes within an enterprise scale insurance firm
- You will have the opportunity to identify business and IT related improvement opportunities and in turn provide solutions such as automation of audit functions, or even use your skills to undertake tech work such as data reporting and testing to support the technology team
- You will receive comprehensive onboarding and training to start with, and once trained you will receive ongoing mentoring from the IT team
- Absolute IT will provide full support and guidance making sure you get the most from your experience during the application process and while you contract through us
We would like to hear from you if:
- You are currently studying towards an IT related qualification
- Will step in with an eager attitude and willingness to learn and continually develop yourself
- You are a motivated, self-starting individual with high level of initiative
- Can show great care for the customer
- You work well in a team and can build effective working relationships
- Have a reasonable level of curiosity, with some analytical and problem-solving skills
How to apply:
To be considered for one of these exciting contract opportunities (6 available) please click ‘Apply’ and provide us your CV and a brief cover letter.
In your cover letter please let us know:
- What IT subjects you are currently studying?
- What type of IT work you are ultimately seeking?
- Confirm you can work at least 20 hours per week while in training and post training
We will be in touch with you to talk about the programme and find out a bit more about you.
If you would like to discuss our programme confidentially, then give Ednadine a call on 09 302 4810. We look forward to hearing from you!
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we welcome international applications and enquiries, for this particular opportunapplicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be given preference.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.