- Job Seekers
- About Us
- Our Team
- Contact Us
Senior Systems Automation Engineer –
06 Jan 2022
A major end-to-end project involving Hardware replacement, VM migrations and business, systems automation within a Banking environment.
- Wellington City – Waterfront (also some flexibility of working from home)
- Brand new projects in Banking environment – commencing mid-January 2022
- Rate of up to $140 per hour + GST
- 12 month contract
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A large project environment with an organisation known across all of NZ and Australasia. The company have already taken a great deal of their operations into the Cloud and this long-term project will see the organisation become fully automated and DevOps friendly.
What does this role require?
An individual who is happy to work through all for major project phases and each phase having an Automation & Cloud end goal.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This project involves full business automation and site reliability through DevOps, Infrastructure leadership.
The first phase includes replacing the company Blade Servers with an expected start date of January 17th 2022.
There are approx. 5,000 VMs to be moved onto new hardware and these will be staged over approx. a 12 month period. This 2nd wave within 2022 will include moving a number of Linux servers.
Your duties will include; Automate provisioning of old physical environments onto new hardware. The actual hardware will be installed by a Vendor however you will support with the installation.
This automation will require you to have many strength and to include strong commercial experience with VM’s and using Automation Tools (listed below) along with knowing your way around RedHat Linux.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Systems Engineering – 8yrs+ Systems Engineering to include migration work of Servers, Systems and more recently, DevOps / Site Reliability based Automation.
- Automation / IaC – working experience with Ansible and Terraform are essential
- Other – VMware / Red Hat Linux / Windows Server / Monitoring using Proprietary Tools / Dell & HP Hardware
- Hardware Operations – experience with Blade Chassis Servers and using the systems software for Firmware updates along with Blade Server provisioning, SAN configurations and Networking for connecting to existing fibre.
The environment is large and will see you working with both an internal team of Systems & Software experts along with a large team of 3rd Party Vendor staff and contractors alike.
The role reports into the Senior Project Manager and these roles will form part of an existing and large team of Engineers.
The office is based very close to all modes of Public Transport.
Due to the nature of the working environment, we do need to request that applicants are double-vaccinated prior to the start date in mid-late January. You will be asked to show a Vaccine Pass.
We can only accept applications from individuals in NZ who hold a valid work visa, residency or status as the holiday period will mean that Visa’s or Variation of Condition Visa’s are not being processed.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button and include your resume clearly demonstrating the necessary skills and technologies or for further information please call Ben Dickson on 04 460 0273.
**Please note due to current border restrictions we can only consider applications from candidates who are presently based in New Zealand.