- Job Seekers
- About Us
- Our Team
- Contact Us
Senior Software Engineer
03 May 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Being in the public service, our client works collectively to make a meaningful difference for New Zealanders now and in the future. They have an important role in supporting the Crown in its relationships with Māori under the Treaty of Waitangi. They are unified by a spirit of service to our communities and guided by the core principles and values of the public service in their work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An exciting opportunity to be working in the public sector and is primarily responsible for the design and development of high quality, scalable and robust web application solutions. Analysis and problem solving skills are required. This role will also be required to mentor other team members with less sophisticated technical knowledge. You will be part of making a big difference in people’s further devlopment and their future!
- Analyse, design, construct, maintain and test software algorithms and applications.
- Troubleshoot defects of complex tightly coupled legacy business and Web applications.
- Provide technical analysis and estimation for project and BAU tasks.
- Assist with the preparation of release bundles for deployment.
- Work with test team to evaluate, identify and correct software defects.
- Document progress and issue resolutions in software repository and issue tracking system.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years work experience in a JEE development environment, preferably gained on complex multi-tier web-based business applications.
- Expert level in either IntelliJ or Eclipse
- Ability to troubleshoot complex application issues including performance and security. Recommend appropriate solution(s).
- Exhibit proficiency in automated build, deployment and continuous integration processes (Jenkins).
- Working understanding of Design Patterns including Enterprise Integration Patterns.
•Te Reo Māori learning organisation
•Gain knowledge and understanding of working in the public sector
•Further development in the IT space
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter or for further information please call Sam Kenning on 022 477 0738
Please note due to current border restrictions we can only consider applications from candidates who are presently based in New Zealand.