- Job Seekers
- About Us
- Our Team
- Contact Us
Senior Backend Developer
09 Jan 2022
Who are we
Our client is an online mental health and wellbeing platform, designed by NZ doctors, that ensures access to support is available to anyone who needs it. We help Kiwis understand their challenges and learn how to solve them through our AI Wellbeing Assistant. For those that need extra support, we have built NZ’s largest online therapist marketplace. We provide our digital platform to NZ’s most iconic employers and help them better meet the needs of their employees through data analytics.
By working with us you get to solve a meaningful problem using the latest technology and learn from a great bunch of people in a fun and relaxed environment. We are a small team who are passionate about making a social impact through tackling the global mental health crisis.
Purpose of the role
We need someone with excellent backend skills to plug the gap in our small but motivated development team. As our platform has grown and we found product market fit we’re looking for a talented individual to bring their knowledge and experience and work with us to help prepare our product for scale.
What you will do
You’ll be working across our 3 products to help us meet our goals of:
- Providing a seamless therapy booking experience for our enterprise clients and the general public.
- Increase access to care by improving the design & usability of our AI Wellbeing Assistant which allows us to provide scalable, cost-effective, and personalised care that is available 24/7.
- Ensure the root causes of poor employee wellbeing is addressed through powerful displays of data analytics.
How will you do this you say?
- Provide solution architecture expertise
- Work productively within a DevOps environment, including the management of CI/CD pipelines, and automation of infrastructure management
- Upskill and teach your peers on best practices. Be up to date with new releases and trends in the industry.
- Bring your experience of what worked and what didn’t to help improve our platform
- Be able to break down complex tasks into simple steps.
- Develop to a high quality and be persistent that others do the same through code reviews.
What you will bring
- Commitment to helping us achieve our vision.
- Passion for technology and improving your technical skills.
- Able to pitch your solutions clearly and explain why to the team.
- Ability to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team and move toward a common goal. Understanding that working in a team means that there are no ego’s between each other.
- Curious, takes initiative, and able to solve problems from first principles.
- Takes pride in delivering high quality work.
Role Related Experience
- Strong Java Experience
- Knowledge of Spring Boot, JPA, Hibernate
- Experience with Microservice Architecture
- Has experience building & maintaining a scalable Java applications.
- Experience or a desire to work within a CI/CD Pipleline using IaC (Terraform)
- Knowledge of Docker
Market rate depending on experience, around the $120k – $140k range
● You must have full working rights in New Zealand.
● Be able to work both in Auckland (our office is near Newmarket) as well as remotely.