- Job Seekers
- About Us
- Our Team
- Contact Us
SENIOR BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE AND DATA ENGINEER
20 Dec 2021
- Senior BI and Data Engineer role based in Thames with flexible work options.
- One of the largest employers on the Coromandel Peninsula.
- Well-paying job in a location of outstanding natural beauty with a proud history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Business Intelligence and Data Engineer is responsible for the design, development, implementation, management and support of mission critical BI reporting and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes and environment. The position also acts as the owner of the Data Models across all applications and will manage any Data-marts that will be required by the business for Operational Dashboards.
The role sits within the Solution Delivery team, working alongside a team of specialists in business intelligence, data management and analytics.
- Identifies and recommends new ways to improve efficiency by streamlining business processes.
- Creates models that depict trends in data and works with departmental managers to outline and then prioritise the specific data needs for each business unit.
- Creates custom solutions, with the ability to customize databases and software to meet business reporting requirements
- Automates or increases efficiency of existing reporting
- Translates business requirements into specifications that will be used to drive data store/ data warehouse/ data mart design and configuration
- Uses ETL tools to load data store(s)/ data warehouse(s)/ data mart(s).
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in computer science, information technology, or software engineering is desirable
- 5+ years’ experience implementing reporting systems, working with users in a requirements analysis role.
- Extensive use of SQL and RDBMS systems (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Extensive experience with data warehouse implementations
- High level of working knowledge using SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS
- Experience in working with API’s.
- Current, Full Drivers Licence.
- Innovative mind set, focused team player that shows initiative and inspires commitment to achieve outcomes.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills, can confidently analyse and apply key information with good judgement and takes accountability.
- Flexible work options
- Supports growth thru strong learning and development initiatives
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter or for further information please call Rakhi 07 834 0832.
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents: Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.