- Job Seekers
- About Us
- Our Team
- Contact Us
Senior Systems/DevOps Engineer
09 Jan 2022
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems / DevOps Engineer to work for one of New Zealand’s best-known organisations.
- Great company culture and working environment
- Forward thinking digital oriented organisation
- Permanent opportunity with flexible practices
About the Company:
Very well-known household name in the government sector that like to give back to communities with many community funding and family outreach programmes. Non-for-profit organisation that has won heaps of awards over the years for doing some amazing things for New Zealand as a whole.
About the role:
The primary function of the role is to support the promotion of software through all environments using DevOps automation principles. You’ll also lead DevOps activities to improve the capability of systems, software delivery and supporting all system environments. And that’s not all, you get to mentor other technical team members in use of modern technology and techniques.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the production environment, resolve issues and ensure all production systems have necessary monitoring in place to ensure reliable delivery of services to customers
- Ensure all production environments comply with company guidelines and adequate capacity planning is in place to scale to meet growth
- Responsible for patching all systems as per company policies
- Ensure all systems are compliant with PCI, WLA SCS, ISO regulations
- Maintain & operate existing CICD solution & act as go-to resource for consultation on CICD related matters
- Assist with build and support of software delivery pipeline where required that utilises automation to reduce delays and remove errors when deploying software
- Ensure all software deployments to all environments are to schedule and meet security, reliability, performance and integrity standards
- Measure and report on the performance of continuous delivery initiatives
You’ll be an expert in your field, having a solid understanding of technical concepts and best practices across DevOps, plus:
- 2+ years’ experience in operating with CICD solutions/pipelines in the application & environment space
- Experience with Docker & container orchestration technologies like Swarm/ Rancher/Kubernetes/Tanzu
- Experience operating in a 24×7 on-call support environment
- Technical skills in Packer, Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Vault, Consul (Good to have) command line utilities & Shell scripting
- Experience with GitHub/Bitbucket/Gitlab & related code repository management tool
- Monitoring tools (APM’s, Log aggregation, system health) e.g. New Relic / Splunk/ EFK/ ELK
- Documentation and workflow tools e.g. Jira, Confluence
HOW TO APPLY
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter or for further information please call Mark O’Brien on 0273695898 or email at email@example.com.
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-NZ residents:
Whereas we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.
Others may not necessarily be responded to.