CHECK IT OUT: THE ABSOLUTEIT CHECKLIST
Here’s what you need to do – and when you need to do it – before you travel to New Zealand.
6 to 12 months to go
- The immigration process – particularly for those wishing to move permanently – can take considerable time so start early by visiting www.immigration.govt.nz and find out what’s required.
- Our consultants are standing by to provide advice and help along the way but we strongly recommend you contact the NZ Immigration service before finalising any move.
- Once you are confident you can satisfy the visa requirements, you should at least start the process of selling any property you may own in the UK before booking your travel dates.
- Open your bank account in NZ and start building a savings history with one of NZ's largest banks - Westpac
3 months to go
- Time to make initial contact with AbsoluteIT at email@example.com. Our consultants will start the ball rolling with help planning your timetable and starting your job search.
- As suitable opportunities come to hand, our consultants can arrange interviews for you as soon as you land in New Zealand — or even sooner via webcam from the UK.
- In the meantime, we’ll help you update your CV to suit New Zealand expectations.
- Now’s a good time to book your flights (ensuring you have a return ticket if your visa requires it) and, if you’re on a working holiday visa, we recommend you buy travel insurance for the length of your stay.
1 month to go
- Time to hand in your notice and obtain references from your employers. You’ll need two references covering your last five years of employment.
- Get your UK banking sorted in terms of standing orders and direct debits, and settle any outstanding debts if you’re moving permanently.
- Complete and send your tax return if required.
- Book your NZ accommodation.
- Open a Gmail or hotmail email account
When relocating to New Zealand you will need the services of a host of reliable companies. We partner with following reputable firms who we know will look after you: